Winona Health defines a job shadow as strictly the observation of a medical professional in his/her professional role (due to policy, we are unable to provide direct hands-on learning). Because of the voluntary nature of the experience, meeting application requirements does not guarantee a job shadow experience. Our first priority is the health and safety of our patients and residents, therefore, job shadow requests may or may not be approved depending on the nature of the request and the ability of Winona Health to adequately support it. At least two (2) weeks advance notice is required for all requests.
In order to apply for a job shadow, you must be at least a junior in high school and 16 years of age. The following forms must also be submitted:
- Job Shadow application form
- Confidentiality Statement (can be submitted at the time of your job shadow)
- Waiver & Liability Form (can be submitted at the time of your job shadow)
Areas/Positions that allow job shadows
Job shadows are currently allowed in the following areas and/or positions and are generally a maximum of two (2) hours in length:
- Bio Medical Equipment Technician
- Building & Grounds (maintenance)
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Health Information Management
- Nutrition Services (Dietitian)
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Social Worker Acute
For more information
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 507.457.4490.