Located in the picturesque bluff county on the Mississippi River, the Winona community offers a wide variety of cultural events, diversified manufacturers, public and private educational opportunities, and a community based health care system. Winona also offers many outdoor activities such as river valley golfing, hiking trails, ice skating, cross country skiing, hunting, and fishing. The scenic bluffs are known for drawing people in and making people stay. Winona’s location allows for easy access to bigger cities such as La Crosse WI (30 miles), Rochester MN (50 miles), Minneapolis/St Paul MN (125 mi), and Madison WI (160 miles). For more information check out www.visitwinona.com
Located just 20 miles from Winona, Rushford is known as the heart of southeastern Minnesota’s Bluff County. This small community offers historical attractions and access to many outdoor activities such as camping, biking, canoeing, tubing, kayaking, fishing, golfing, and snowmobiling. For more information check out www.rushford.govoffice.com
Located just 15 miles from Winona, Lewiston ……… For more information check out www.lewistonmn.org
Employees love Winona Health and they are excited to tell you why. Explore these employee testimonials to learn exactly why moving your career to Winona Health is right for you.
At Winona Health, we care for patients through every stage of life. The same is true for our employees. We strive to offer benefits which meet the diverse needs of our employees—from new grads, to working parents, to those just a few years from retirement.
Employees who work under a 0.45 (less than 18 hours a week) full-time equivalency (FTE) have the following benefit offerings:
- 403B Retirement Plan options for personal contributions
- An Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts for services provided by Winona Health
- Direct deposit
- On-site exercise facility access for minimal fee
- Free parking
- Funeral Leave
- Service Awards
- Vision discounts
Employees who work a 0.45 FTE (18 or more hours a week) or above have the benefits listed above as well as:
- Dental Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Personal & Family Accident Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- An Employee Wellness Program
- Employer Retirement Plan Contributions (1000 hours worked per year requirement)
Employees who work a 0.75 FTE (30 or more hours a week) or above have the benefits listed above as well as:
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Ability to purchase addtional Voluntary Term Life Insurance for Self, Spouse, Children
- Company paid Accidental Death
- Company paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
We understand the pressures and challenges facing employees when trying to balance work with personal interests and responsibilities. We also understand that our employees are better able to meet the demands of the business when their own personal needs are being met.
When it comes to work/life balance, a “one-size-fits-all” approach simply won’t do. Our programs are designed to recognize that not all employees are the same and that employees’ needs may change over time.
Depending on an employee’s role and location, here is a sampling of the types of work/life programs and benefits that may be available:
- Flexible schedules (As a 24/7 employer, Winona Health offers day, evening, night and weekend shifts and minimum work requirements ranging from on-call to full-time status.)
- On-site seminars, fairs and workshops on such topics as stress, nutrition and safety
- On-site café
- Fitness facilities and classes
- Access to free counseling services on a variety of personal and work/life issues
- Paid time off and sick days
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discounts on prescriptions and services provided by Winona Health
Membership in business, civic and professional organizations: Reimbursement may be available for annual dues and fees for certain organizations.
Mobility: We help people achieve their potential by providing diverse experiences that include moving between service lines, departments and functions.
Orientation: We provide a comprehensive introduction to Winona Health, but it doesn’t stop there. We believe learning is ongoing.
Service anniversary awards: We recognize and celebrate those who have a long-term relationship with us by providing them with a gift for certain milestone anniversaries.