Decrease your risk for heart attack, stroke and cancer. Winona Health’s next smoking cessation program begins Thursday, March 20. This free program includes four sessions meeting Thursday evenings 6 – 7:30 p.m. in the Parkview Conference Room on the first floor of the hospital at Winona Health, 855 Mankato Avenue.
“There is never an easy time to quit smoking, but if people realized how much better they’d feel, they’d make every effort,” said Lynn Sprain MS, RT, RCEP, program facilitator. “Whether someone has tried to quit before or this is their first attempt, this program will help them on the journey to be tobacco free.”
Winona Health’s smoking cessation program will:
- help individuals recognize and understand their reasons for smoking
- cover a variety of benefits to quitting
- provide ways to handle physical and emotional withdrawal symptoms
- share many tips and techniques for becoming and remaining smoke free
- provide a supportive atmosphere for you to ask questions and get helpful information
The program is free. Advance registration is appreciated, but walk-ins the first night of the program welcome as space permits. For more information or to sign up, call Lynn Sprain at 507.474.3324.