Winona Health is offering free walk-in depression screening on National Depression Screening Day, Thursday, October 9, 2014, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Screening will be on the second floor of the Winona Health clinic, 859 Mankato Avenue in Winona, Minn.
One out of every five adults may experience depression at some point in their lives. Depression is treatable and help is available at Winona Health.
Common symptoms of depression may include any of the following:
• A persistent feeling of sadness
• Loss of pleasure in usually enjoyable activities
• A feeling of hopelessness, helplessness and worthlessness
• Changes in sleep patterns and appetite
• Loss of energy
• Thoughts of death or suicide
No appointment is necessary for this free screening. The screening process will take approximately 30 minutes. Those who have questions about depression screening can call Winona Health Psychiatric & Counseling Services at 507.454.2606.