Winona Health and area partners invite people of all ages to the Way to Wellness Expo, Saturday, February 27, 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. at the Winona Middle School, 1570 Homer Road in Winona, Minn.
“Way to Wellness will be a fun day filled with information, education, inspiration and motivation to help people live healthier and happier,” said Nicole Schossow, community relations coordinator at Winona Health.
Attendees are welcome to drop in for any or all of the seminars and visit informational booths. Seminars cover areas including: nutrition, active living, mental health, general wellness, and cooking demonstrations.
The seminar schedule includes:
- Little Things can Make a Difference, Lynda Brzezinski, Winona State University
- Homeopathy & other Holistic Modalities, Patti Bartsch, Naturally Unbridled Wellness
- The Medicare Donut Hole, Dave Clauer, Novo Nordisk
- Unlock the Genius in Your Child—and You! Paula & Amy from Communities Off n’ Funning
- 3 Good Things, Ann MacDonald, Winona Health
- A Wellness Approach to Grief, Eunie Alsaker, Winona State University
- Fitness through the Decades, Deb McClellan, Live Well Winona
- Anxiety & Stress in Children, Jenni McHugh, Hiawatha Valley Mental Health
- Bicycle Basics & Comfort, Scott Sherman, Winona Area Mountain Bikers
- Strong Women Stay Young, Linda Shepardson, Prairie River Home Care
- Sweet Lies: The Truth about Sugar, Anna Hudson, Winona Health
- Eat More: Vegetables that is! Nadine Bayer, Winona Volunteer Services
- Versatile Vinegar, Winona Health Food & Nutrition and Anna Hudson
- Delicious Juicing, Aileen Swenson, Nourishing Happiness
- Living and Thriving with Diabetes, Ann Heesacker, Winona Health
- Healing Yourself with Food, Kristin Noble, Infinity Chiropractic
- Too Much on Your Plate, Janet Macon, Winona State University
Special activities requiring RSVP include:
- The Grand Tasting: Sample delicious dishes that have been “healthy-fied” by the dietitians at Novo Nordisk. Recipes will be available. The Grand Tasting requires advance registration for planning purposes.
- Day of Play: The Winona Family YMCA will have staff at the middle school hosting a special ‘Day of Play’ for children from 9:30 to 11:30, so parents can attend seminars or visit booths. Day of Play requires advance registration for planning purposes.
Please note: Advance registration is required for the YMCA Day of Play and the Grand Tasting. Because of the planning necessary for these two programs, we will not be able to accept registration the day of the event. No advance registration is required for the seminars.
Many other health and wellness-related organizations will have exhibits for attendees to visit and ask questions.
RSVP for the Grand Tasting or Day of Play and get the details!
or call 507.457.4161.
The Way to Wellness Expo is a collaboration between Winona Health and community partners including: Winona Noon Lions Club, Live Well Winona, Winona Area Public Schools, Winona Family YMCA, Winona County Public Health, Winona County SHIP (Statewide Health Improvement Program), and Winona State University.