The Ben & Adith Miller Classic is the primary way Winona Health Foundation raises money for the Ben & Adith Miller Patient Care Fund. The Fund has helped more than 2,700 people since its inception with its first payments starting in 1988. Interestingly, the profile of the people it helped then remains the same today:
- a single mother with two dependent children
- an 80-year-old retired woman living on social security
- a family of five with annual income in excess of qualifying for state or federal assistance
- a seventeen-year old requiring counseling for chemical dependency
- a widower with dependent children
In 2011 The Patient Care fund helped 259 people with their medical bills and paid out more than $785,000.