Speech Therapy at Winona Health offers evaluation and therapy for children and adults with voice, speech, language and swallowing disorders.
Our nationally certified speech-language pathologists assesses each patient’s needs and works with the patient’s family, physicians and other specialists to develop a personalized treatment plan.
Speech-Language Pathology Services include:
- Therapy designed to treat and/or cure a wide variety of voice disorders to improve tone, fluency (stuttering), projection of sound and articulation
- Post-laryngectomy communication treatment
- Therapy to improve/maximize attention and memory, executive cognition, concentration and problem-solving
- Evaluation and therapy for language delay/disorders, reading and writing comprehension challenges, auditory comprehension challenges and aphasia/stroke
- Modified barium swallow study, an X-ray test that evaluates swallowing function
- Therapeutic intervention including teaching compensatory strategies and active treatment to improve and restore muscle strength, endurance and pharyngeal reflex functions which are necessary for proper swallow function
For more information:
420 East Sarnia Street
Winona, MN 55987