Knowledge. Experience. Compassion. That’s what you’ll find in the General Surgery Department at Winona Health in Dr. Matthew Broghammer and Dr. Lee Trombetta, two board-certified surgeons. Karen Perkins, PA-C, a certified physician assistant, assists with managing patients in the hospital and also in the outpatient clinic.
The General Surgery Department at Winona Health performs well over 2,000 procedures every year. They serve in leadership positions throughout the hospital, collect and follow data to assure high-quality service, and engage in clinical research. They are committed to getting you back to good health.
Yes. We do that here at Winona Health.
Click on a specific service for more information.
- There are surgical procedures available to help manage heartburn and acid reflux. The surgeons at Winona Health are trained in the management of reflux disease to include upper endoscopy and comprehensive pre-operative evaluation. Winona Health offers “incisionless” endoscopic surgery for reflux, as well as the “Gold Standard” laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication for management of reflux.
- The General Surgery Department offers comprehensive management of breast diseases including benign breast lumps, breast pain, breast cysts and breast cancer. The surgeons at Winona Health work closely with radiologists and oncologists to provide a multidisciplinary approach to breast diseases that includes the latest in breast imaging, digital mammography, ultrasound and biopsy techniques. Our breast cancer care includes sentinel lymph node technology.
- The General Surgeons at Winona Health provide surgical care for a number of cancers. Some malignancies that are routinely managed include breast cancer, colon cancer, rectal cancer, thyroid cancer and skin cancer. The surgeons work closely with radiologists, oncologists, and other disciplines to provide comprehensive care. All three surgeons also participate in a monthly cancer care conference and collect prospective data to ensure high-quality, up-to-date practice patterns.
- Carpal tunnel surgery
- Gall bladder surgery
- We offer hemorrhoid surgery including use of the “harmonic scalpel” or ultrasound knife, and “banding” of hemorrhoids.
- We offer the latest techniques in the repair of inguinal (groin) hernias, abdominal hernias and diaphragm hernias. This often includes minimally invasive (laparoscopic) techniques and use of cutting-edge mesh and biologic prosthetic materials. We strive to make recovery time as short as possible and minimize post-operative pain.
- Intestinal surgery
- Screenings for gastrointestinal disorders
- Winona Health General Surgeons have extensive experience in thyroid surgery, which can include removal of part or all of the thyroid gland. We can manage thyroid lumps, cysts, goiters or cancers.
- Varicose vein removal
For more information:
Winona Health, Clinic 2nd floor
859 Mankato Avenue
Winona, MN 55987
8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday