- Wisdom Teeth: The removal of wisdom teeth or third molars is the most common procedure offered in our office. Many people develop problems with erupting wisdom teeth because of a lack of room. Removal reduces the risk of gum disease or pain in the area behind the second molars. Wisdom teeth can be removed with the aid of local anesthesia or general anesthesia, depending upon their difficulty and the patient’s preference.
- Extractions of decayed or periodontally involved teeth: The second most common procedure offered in our office is the removal of erupted teeth. The teeth can be removed because of decay, gum disease, crowding or because the tooth is broken. As with wisdom teeth, the removal of erupted teeth can be done with either local anesthesia or with a general anesthesia if the patient wishes.
- Placement of implants: Implants can be used to replace a single tooth or several teeth instead of a bridge. Many patients choose the use of two or four implants to stabilize a denture. Improvements in the attachments available when placing implants can stabilize a lower or upper denture with great results and less cost.
- Biopsies of the mouth: With easy access to oral pathologists at the University of Minnesota, we are able to get excellent information and make quick accurate diagnosis of any abnormalities in the mouth area.
- TMJ or TMD: Diseases of the joint of the lower jaw are often seen in our office. Although we do not do surgery on the lower jaw joint at Winona Health, we do see a large number of patients and treat them with conservative therapies that give excellent long-term results.
For more information:
859 Mankato Avenue
Winona, MN 55987
Winona Health campus, 2nd floor of clinic