Pastoral care demonstrates a dedication to human dignity, appreciation of individual and cultural differences, a balance of acceptance and accountability, a dedication to justice and mercy and incarnation of love and hope.
Winona Health’s chaplains, Kathy Redig and Carol Garman are available to provide comfort to those who are dealing with difficult issues, such as their own illness or the illness or loss of a family member or friend.
Winona Health chaplains are available:
- When patients or residents are facing a troubling time and would like to talk with a compassionate listener
- When patients or residents need assistance contacting a pastor of their choice
- When illness or death occurs and family members need support
- Before surgery for support if a patient is anxious
- During recovery from an illness or surgery
- Anytime patients or residents need them
Winona Health’s Pastoral Care office is on the first floor of Winona Health, just inside the front entrance. Chaplains Kathy and Carol welcome people to drop in with questions, and they have many helpful resources available.
For more information:
- Hospital chaplain: 507.457.4382
- Hospice chaplain: 507.457.4547
- Chaplain page at the hospital switchboard: 507.454.3650