Learn about medical research being conducted by university students right here in Winona
Winona Health provides opportunities for local pre-professional students to gain clinical experience prior to applying to professional school.
The Winona Health Research Committee is hosting a Research Fair to give area pre-professionals the opportunity to share their work and community members the chance to learn about the medical research being conducted by local university students.
Student research may pertain to immunology, microbiology, epidemiology, psychology, kinesiology, exercise science, medical engineering, or any other potentially medically related field of research.
The Student Research Fair posters will be on display during clinic hours from 4 p.m. Wednesday, April 18 through 4 p.m. Friday, April 20. That Friday, between 1 and 4 p.m., researchers will be on hand to explain their projects and answer questions, and there will be a reception and award ceremony at 4:30. Don Snodgrass, MD, FACP, will be the keynote speaker. His talk: Medical Myths.
The community is welcome to come in to view the posters and learn more about the research being conducted right here in Winona. Community members interested in attending the reception at 4:30 are asked to RSVP to Lori Stanislawski at 507.457.4483 by April 13.
Research committee members include physicians from various specialties and professors from Winona State University and Saint Mary’s University. In addition, several physicians, healthcare professionals and professors serve as mentors for the student research.
- Research Committee Co-chair: Adam Fletcher, MD – Winona Health, Family Medicine and Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- Research Committee Co-chair: Lee Trombetta, MD, FACS – Gundersen Health System, General Surgeon
- Nicole Beatty, MD – Winona Health, Anesthesiology
- Richard Ferris, MD – Winona Health, Internal Medicine/Hematology/Oncology
- Osvaldo Martinez, PhD – Winona State University, Department of Biology/Virology
- Erin White, PhD – Winona State University, Department of Health, Exercise, and Rehabilitative Services
- Todd Reinhart, PhD – Saint Mary’s University, Dean, School of Sciences and Health Professions, Professor of Biology and Health Professions
- Jonathon Mauser, PhD – Winona State University, Professor of Biochemistry
- Brant Deppa PhD – Winona State University, Professor of Statistics and Data Science
- Spencer Treu – Winona Health, Clinical Research Coordinator/EMT
- Roderick Baker – Winona Health, Senior LEAN Specialist
- Lori Stanislawski – Winona Health, Executive Assistant
- Dani Holtzclaw – Winona Health, Manager, Medical Staff Services
Winona Health is dedicated to supporting the healthcare career goals of our local university students. More information about student research opportunities is available here: winonahealth.org/research.