Led by Theresa Hoyles, a registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator, the program provides a supportive environment that allows for an engaging discussion about diabetes. Hoyles has 13 years of experience in diabetes education. Participants are welcome to bring a family member or other support person.
Topics covered include:
- Diabetes: What is it?
- Nutrition: How to eat healthy for diabetes
- Medication: Learn to manage your diabetes
- Blood Sugars: Learn how to check and manage your levels
- Exercise: Strategies for including exercise into your daily routine
- Weight Management: Learn how to accomplish your weight goals
- Prevention: Discuss how to avoid long-term complications of diabetes
- Labs: Understand your diabetes-related labs
Those interested in registering for the program should contact their healthcare provider for a referral or call 507.457.4521 to sign up.
Those who need assistance determining insurance coverage should contact their insurance provider or stop in at Winona Health’s Patient Resource Center, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. The Patient Resource Center is located near the Outpatient Laboratory on the clinic first floor.