Winona Health will begin a new series of Diabetes Education group program on Wednesday, July 31, from 8:15 – 10:15 a.m. The group class will meet four times over a three-month period at Winona Health, 855 Mankato Avenue, Winona, Minn.
Led by Theresa Hoyles, a registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator, the program provides a supportive environment that allows for an engaging discussion about diabetes. Hoyles has 13 years of experience in diabetes education. Participants are welcome to bring a family member or other support person.
Topics covered include:
- Diabetes: What is it?
- Nutrition: How to eat healthy for diabetes
- Medication: Learn to manage your diabetes
- Blood Sugars: Learn how to check and manage your levels
- Exercise: Strategies for including exercise into your daily routine
- Weight Management: Learn how to accomplish your weight goals
- Prevention: Discuss how to avoid long-term complications of diabetes
- Labs: Understand your diabetes-related labs
Insurance will be billed for this program. Those who need assistance determining whether their insurance covers the program should contact their insurance provider or visit Winona Health’s Patient Resource Center, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. The Patient Resource Center is on the clinic first floor near the Outpatient Laboratory.
Those interested in additional details or registering for the program should contact their healthcare provider for a referral or call 507.457.4521 to sign up.