Save the Date
The Ben & Adith Miller Classic will be held Monday, August 5, 2019 at Cedar Valley Golf Course. The annual golf outing, now in its 29th year, is a fundraiser for the Ben & Adith Patient Care Fund, a special fund through the Winona Health Foundation that provides financial assistance to help individuals in need pay for medical care.
In addition to the 18-hole Main Event, the full day of activities included a free public golf exhibition, and the Green Monster Challenge, a 9-hole scramble during the afternoon.
The Golf Pro
Lisa “Longball” Vlooswyk
- An eight-time Canadian Long Drive Champion, and has finished as high as second in the world.
- Currently competes on the Golf Channel’s World Long Drive Association Tour.
- An LDA Tour Champion and Callaway Golf sponsored athlete.
- The first woman to ever hit a golf ball the length of 3 ½ NFL football fields in competition and currently holds the Canadian Women’s Long Drive record at 350 yards, 2 feet, 2 inches.
- Won Golfweek Magazine’s Golf Fest Entertainer of the Year award.
In addition to her competitive career, Lisa is a Golf Journalist for several publications including Inside Golf Magazine and has had her own column in Golf Digest Canada.
Lisa uses her vast experience as a World Class athlete to be a successful keynote Peak Performance Speaker at conferences and conventions, is a Golf Entertainer for many corporate/charity golf tournaments across North America including PGA Tour and Champions Tour events and runs her own Golf School for Women both in Canada and the United States.
Learn more about Lisa “Longball” Vlooswyk.
The Ben & Adith Miller Patient Care Fund
The Ben & Adith Miller Patient Care Fund was established in 1986 by Benjamin A. Miller, a former Winona-area businessman and philanthropist, in honor of his wife, Adith, to help local individuals and families in need pay for medical care at Winona Health. The annual Golf Classic began in 1990 as a fundraiser to help ensure ongoing funding for this unique community resource.