You could be smoke free and on your way to better health.
You have nothing to lose — except your expensive smoking habit — and everything to gain when you sign up for Winona Health’s next free smoking cessation program.
The program begins Thursday, September 8 and includes four free group sessions that meet Thursday evenings 6 – 7:30 p.m. in the Parkview Conference Room on the hospital first floor at Winona Health, 855 Mankato Avenue.
“Quitting smoking can be the number one best thing people can do to improve their health,” said Lynn Sprain MS, RT, RCEP, program facilitator. “Whether it’s the first time you’re trying to quit or the fifteenth, we’re here to help.”
Winona Health’s free smoking cessation program will:
- help individuals recognize and understand their reasons for smoking
- cover the variety of benefits to quitting
- provide ways to handle physical and emotional withdrawal symptoms
- share tips and techniques for becoming and remaining smoke free
- provide a supportive atmosphere for you to ask questions and get helpful information
“Quitting can be such a relief,” said Sprain. “Relief from worrying about your health, relief from the feeling of dependency on cigarettes—and relief from the high cost of smoking.”
This four-session program is free. RSVP is appreciated, but walk-ins the first night of the program will be welcome as space permits. For more information or to sign up in advance, call Lynn Sprain at 507.474.3324.