Winona Health is seeking an experienced (or EM residency trained) Physician Assistant to join our Emergency Medicine team located in a Midwest college community along the banks of the Mississippi River.
- .9 FTE (72 hours per pay period), employed position joining an established team of Physicians, Physician Assistants, nurses and office staff
- Competitive hourly compensation & benefits package including sign-on incentive, paid malpractice with tail coverage, $5,500 annual CME & dues/license, $5,000 moving expenses, health/life/dental insurance, retirement programs and more
- Responsible for the acute care of ER patients
- 16,000 visits annually
- Level IV trauma facility
- 12-hour shifts, 10:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m., every third weekend
- Electronic Medical Record, CPOE, patient tracking, bedside US, Dragon
- Progressive team of providers committed to quality; evidence-based care, exceptional patient satisfaction; and integrated technology
Winona Health – financially stable, independent healthcare system with decision making at the local level. Progressive in our thinking and our actions.
Winona, a safe, prosperous, vibrant and sophisticated community nestled between beautiful bluffs and the mighty Mississippi – kayak the rivers, fish the streams, watch the eagles, take in world-class performances during the Beethoven and Shakespeare festivals and stand inches away from a Monet or Van Gogh at the MN Marine Art Museum. Winona is also known for excellent schools – elementary to graduate level, low unemployment rate and strong economic base. Learn more at www.winonahealth.org and www.visitwinona.com.
- Successful completion of a Physician Assistant training program
- Maintenance of an active Minnesota Physician Assistant license
- Current certification by the NCCPA
- Current certification in ACLS and either CALS or ATLS
Winona Health recruits, hires,and promotes for all compensated positions, without regard to race, color, sex, status regarding public assistance, family status, marital status, religion, national origin, age, disability, conviction of a felony, sexual orientation, membership or activity in a local commission, veteran status, or any other status protected by law, except when sex or age is a bona fide occupational qualification. The organization compares its staff member census demographics to the Winona area demographics, to ensure that significant minority populations are represented in its work force.
A Drug-Free Work Environment
Explore the links below to learn about the community and why healthcare providers are choosing Winona Health.
For more information
855 Mankato Avenue
Winona, MN 55987