What can a registered dietitian do for you? A registered dietitian (RD) provides the highest level of nutrition counseling. Winona Health’s dietitians offer medical nutrition therapy and personalized advice to patients of all ages with various nutritional needs. Whether you want to lose weight or simply eat healthier, a registered dietitian can help you meet your nutritional goals.
Winona Health’s dietitians are also available to help individuals accomplish healthy lifestyle goals by incorporating nutrition, exercise and behavior changes into their daily routine.
The Nutrition Education staff can help you with the following services and more:
- Weight loss and weight management for adults and pediatric patients
- Weight gain
- Pre-diabetes and diabetes prevention
- Cholesterol management
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Pre and post weight loss surgery counseling
- Personalized nutrition counseling
- Eating disorders
- Healthy nutrition throughout pregnancy
- Nutritional symptom management throughout cancer treatment. Click here to see more!
- Food intolerance or allergy
- Community education and events
A provider’s referral is not necessary for an appointment, however, a referral normally helps with insurance coverage. We advise that you call your insurance provider to discuss coverage for medical nutrition therapy prior to scheduling an appointment.
For more information or make an appointment:
Winona Health, Clinic 2nd floor
859 Mankato Avenue
Winona, MN 55987
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday