Losing weight isn’t easy, but the health benefits are worth the effort. In the right atmosphere and with the right support, it can be done. And it can even be fun! Whether you want to lose a lot or a little – or you’d like help maintaining your current weight—the HealthyFit program is for you.
You’ll be able to track your progress through weekly weigh-ins and a body composition analysis, which includes your waist circumference, at the beginning and end of your HealthyFit program.
HealthyFit Weight Management is a 12-week adult weight management program led by Winona Health registered dietitian, Kayla Holicky, RDN, that features information from exercise and behavior specialists to help you with all aspects of weight management. Whether you want to lose a little or a lot of weight—or would just like help maintaining your current weight, this class can help you achieve it.
Here is what you can expect to learn/achieve through participation of the HealthyFit Weight Management program:
- Two, 30-minute individual nutrition sessions performed at the beginning and end of the program
- Optional weekly weigh-ins
- Optional body composition measurements (weight-circumference and body fat percentage) performed one-on-one at the beginning and end of the program
- Basic nutrition principles including:
- Understanding the nutrition facts label
- Deciphering nutrition claims on products
- Debunking nutrition myths and focusing on the latest facts
- Making better food choices when out to eat and while grocery shopping
- Basic exercise principles including:
- Types of physical activity, intensity, and time
- Discussing barriers to exercise and how to combat those
- Discussing exercise modifications for those with physical limitations
- Sample exercises to do at home
- Behavioral changes that focus on goal setting, problem solving, motivation, mindfulness, and handling setbacks
- Support of other group members with similar goals and the continual support when you complete this program and become a HealthyFit Alumni member
Class Dates & Times
WHEN: May 8 – July 31, 2019
Classes take place every Wednesday from 5:00-6:00 p.m. There will be no class the week of July 4.
WHERE: Winona Health, Training & Development, 1st floor of the Parkview Office Building, 855 Mankato Ave., Winona, Minn.
Entrance is on the hospital side and through the Cardiac Rehab/Training & Development office.
COST: $150, includes class resource materials and two, 30-minute individual nutrition sessions for personal nutrition coaching.
TO REGISTER: Call 507.474.3212, option #4. Registration deadline is Friday, May 3. Class size is limited.
Click below for more details.
- How to create a weight loss plan that is right for you
- Which foods support your optimal health (and which ones don’t)
- How much exercise you really need and which ones are the best for you
- How to stay the course “when life happens”
- How to make sense of confusing food labels
- What to do when you are dining out
- What to do when your motivation isn’t there
- How to get beyond weight plateaus
- How to plan your meals for success and avoid the unhealthy “quick fix”
- What to do when you have a set-back
- Most importantly…how to keep the weight off
WHEN: 2nd Tuesday of every month, alternating 12-12:30 p.m. and 5-5:30 p.m.
WHERE: Wellness Conference Room, 2nd floor of Parkview Office Building (unless otherwise indicated)
Healthy Fit Alumni 2019 Schedule
- January 8, 2019: 12-12:30 p.m.
- February 12, 2019: 5-5:30 p.m.
- March 12, 2019: 12-12:30 p.m.
- April 9, 2019: 5-5:30 p.m.
- May 14, 2019: 12-12:30 p.m.
- June 11, 2019: 5-5:30 p.m.
- July 9, 2019: 12-12:30 p.m.
- August 13, 2019: 5-5:30 p.m.
- September 10, 2019: 12-12:30 p.m.
- October 8, 2019: 5-5:30 p.m.
- November 12, 2019: 12-12:30 p.m.
- December 10, 2019: 5-5:30 p.m.
For more information:
Diabetes & Nutrition Education
Winona Health, Clinic 2nd floor
855 Mankato Avenue
Winona, MN 55987