Winona Health Hospital’s Family Birth Center provides quality medical care and personalized attention during a very important milestone in your family’s life. We offer the comfort of private suites with the Labor, Delivery, Recovery and Post-partum concept, allowing families to have their entire birth process in the same room.
State-of-the-art healthcare is available from your provider. During labor and through the birth experience, you will have the one-on-one attention of your labor nurse to assist you and your family with your chosen labor management techniques.
- Visiting hours for the Family Birth Center are 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- We restrict the number of visitors to 4 at one time. Visitors under the age of 12 are limited to the siblings of the newborn.
- Following birth, the first hour is what we call the “Golden Hour”. We encourage this time to be for the bonding between the mother and newborn.
During this time, only the support people present for delivery will be allowed.
- We ask that visitors check in at the Family Birth Center nurses’ station and wear a visitor badge.
- The mother’s designated significant other/support person will receive a unique identification band after delivery. This band should not be removed until discharge as it identifies you as an important member of the newborn’s family.
- To ensure privacy and respect of all patients, we encourage any family members not present in the delivery room to wait at home or outside Winona Health for the arrival of the newborn.
Following delivery, a “room service” menu is available to offer a wide selection of food options on demand.
Winona Health offers childbirth education classes to help you prepare for and feel confident about your childbirth experience and first weeks at home with your newborn. To learn more about each class, including dates and times, please call 507.457.4345 or sign up on the Winona Health events calendar on the class dates you are interested in. All classes meet in the Women’s Health Center, Clinic 3rd floor.
Winona Health offers special one-evening classes on preparing to breastfeed your baby. Classes are taught by certified lactation consultants and cost $10 per participant/couple. For class information, please call 507.457.4345.
Childbirth Education Series
Winona Health’s Childbirth Education classes offer information and insights that will help you prepare for the birth of your baby. During these classes (5 weeks total), you and your birth partner will learn about the dynamics of labor, explore pain relief tools such as breathing, hydrotherapy and medical options for pain management. You will practice decision-making skills that help during labor, tour the Family Birth Center and get to know other expectant parents. All classes are taught by our staff of Certified Childbirth Educators. The cost for all classes is $78; however, most insurance providers cover the cost of the classes because it is prenatal care. The last class is this series will cover “Bringing Home Baby,” which covers important things to know in your first few weeks with your baby. For class information, please call 507.457.4345.
The next stage of life:
Our Pediatric providers are trained and experienced in the skilled assessment related to the physical, emotional and social health of infants, children, adolescents and young adults.